The Center of Concern connects seniors and responsible adults who have a room in their home to rent with individuals who seek affordable housing. Through our program, the CoC staff matches individuals by application screening and interviewing applicants. Each setting is different and every seeker/provider have their own needs.
Why Home Share?
- Supplement income
- Achieve continued independence
- Alleviate financial stress
- Possible assistance with household chores or errands
- Potential companionship while maintaining an independent lifestyle
How does it work?
The Center of Concern receives inquiries from the potential Providers and Seekers via the link below. A full application will then be sent via email (or mailed if necessary) to be completed. Applications are carefully reviewed and a call or e-mail may be sent to clarify or complete missing information. Once all forms are complete, the matching process will begin. This program is not for emergency shelter and matches may take one week to several months.
- Complete application
- Provide valid photo ID
- Submit a non-liability waiver and criminal background check authorization form completed (Check is completed before a contract is executed for both seeker and provider)
- Submit four character references
- Seekers must provide proof of verifiable income
- $5.00 non-refundable application fee; $40 one-time fee for a criminal background check
* Our first priority is to serve and place clients from Maine Township, specifically incorporated Des Plaines, Niles, Park Ridge and portions of Morton Grove, Glenview, and Rosemont. We also serve residents of other northern Cook County areas except for the city of Chicago.
To begin the process, click the Inquiry button.