The Center of Concern connects seniors and responsible adults who have a room in their home to rent with individuals who seek affordable housing. Through our program, the Center of Concern staff matches individuals by application screening and interviewing applicants. Each setting is different and every Seeker/Provider has their own needs.
- Reduce housing costs
- Protect retirement savings
- Finding companionship while maintaining an independent lifestyle
- Possible assistance with household chores or errands
- Remain in your home and community
- Complete application
- Provide valid state-issued photo ID/DL
- Provide proof of verifiable income
- Submit a non-liability waiver and criminal background check. (Criminal Background Check is completed before a contract is executed for both Seeker and Provider)
- Submit four character references
- Providers must be willing to comply with a mandatory home assessment prior to being matched.
Home Sharing application fee
The Home Sharing application fee is based on a sliding fee scale that allows us to reduce or “slide” the fee based on family income and family size. SLIDING FEE SCALE – Based on 2017 Federal Poverty Guidelines (below).
|Family Size||Fee: $15||Fee: $20||Fee: $25||Fee: $30||Fee: $35|
|1||$0- $12,760||$12,761- $15,950||$15,951- $16,588||$16,589-$16,971||$17,226+|
|2||$0- $17,240||$17,241- $21,550||$21,551- $22,412||$22,413- $22,929||$23,274+|
|3||$0- $21,720||$21,551- 27,150||$27,151- $28,236||$28,237- $28,888||$29,322+|
Our first priority is to serve and place clients from Maine Township, specifically incorporated Des Plaines, Niles, Park Ridge and portions of Morton Grove, Glenview, and Rosemont. We also serve residents of other North Suburban Cook County areas (this excludes the city of Chicago.) Unfortunately, we are unable to accept out-of-state applications at this time.