Small Business Assistance Grant Program
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Until all funds have been exhausted and/or July 30, 2021, 5:00 PM.
The Village of Palatine CDBG-CV Small Business Assistance Grant Program provides grants up to $10,000 to assist small businesses located within the Village of Palatine in preventing, preparing for, and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Village of Palatine is accepting applications from businesses that meet the following requirements:
- Must have been continuously licensed with the Village and/or State since 2019; 20 or fewer Full-Time Employees (or FTE);
- Must be a locally owned, for-profit business (if a franchised business, cannot have received Covid-19 related corporate financial assistance) and located within the Village of Palatine;
- Demonstrate a revenue loss of 20% or more between the time period of April – November 2019 and April – November 2020;
- Must have an active Business license;
- Must have a minimum of one W-2 employee;
- Must be in good standing with the Village of Palatine at the time of award;
- Must not have a bankruptcy or foreclosure within the last six months;
- Must submit the application and all required supporting documentation; and
- Must disclose if they have received capital through alternative sources (e.g. Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) or Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Loan) at the time of application submittal.
- Applications will be accepted in order of completion. The date and time of application submittal will be used to determine the order of completion.
- Priority will be given to direct Covid-19 related costs before considering operating expenses;
- An individual grant amount cannot exceed $10,000, subject to the following:
100% reimbursement for direct Covid-19 related expenses (PPE, workspace and/or equipment modifications, etc.)
- 50% reimbursement for operating costs (not including payroll). Grant funding will be capped at $5,000 for these types of costs.
LIST OF INELIGIBLE ACTIVITIES
- Any direct expenses that are not directly related to the prevention of, preparation for, or response to the Coronavirus;
- Supplanting or substituting expenses currently paid for by other sources;
Purchase of equipment, specifically for construction, unless it is specifically related in response to COVID-19.
- Applicants will be required to provide documentation detailing the expenses for which the applicant is seeking reimbursement. Applicants will be required to enter into a CDBG-CV3 Grant Agreement with the Village to comply with HUD CDBG program regulations. A sample of the CDBG-CV3 Grant Agreement can be viewed at the link below.
- Applications are to be submitted on-line using the on-line button at the link below.
- Applications will be processed, and grant awards will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until the $124,000 Village of Palatine CDBG-CV3 funds that have been allocated to this program are exhausted.
The following documents will be needed to be uploaded in the online application to complete and submit:
Online Application Form:
- The online application cannot be saved to continue at another time. Once you start you must finish.
- We strongly recommend you download a copy of the PDF application and have the requested attachments, completed and ready to attach before you begin the online application.
- Fill out the form completely. If you are missing the required information the application will be unable to submit/send. “*” is an indication of required fields within the application
Online applications are available through an easy-to-use secure platform!
For assistance please call 847-701-4705 or email our Community Support Specialist, Schoen Aldrich at [email protected]