Small Business Assistance Grant Program
COVID-19 CDBG Village of Palatine Small Business Assistance Grant is now closed.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday, February 12, 2021, by 5:00 p.m. NO LATE APPLICATIONS, WILL BE ACCEPTED.
The Village of Palatine CDBG-CV Small Business Assistance Grant Program provides grants up to $10,000 to assist small businesses located within the Village of Palatine in preventing, preparing for, and responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Village of Palatine is accepting applications from businesses that meet the following requirements:
• Must have been continuously licensed with the Village and/or State since 2019;
• 20 or fewer Full-Time Employees (or FTE);
• Must be a locally owned, for-profit business (if a franchised business, cannot have received Covid-19 related corporate financial assistance) and located within the Village of Palatine;
• Demonstrate a revenue loss of 20% or more between the time period of April – November 2019 and April – November 2020;
• Must have an active Business license;
• Must have a minimum of one W-2 employee;
• Must be in good standing with the Village of Palatine at the time of award;
• Must not have a bankruptcy or foreclosure within the last six months;
• Must submit the application and all required supporting documentation; and
• Must disclose if they have received capital through alternative sources (e.g. Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) or Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Loan) at the time of application submittal.
• Applications will be accepted in order of completion. The date and time of application submittal will be used to determine the order of completion.
• Priority will be given to direct Covid-19 related costs before considering operating expenses;
• An individual grant amount cannot exceed $10,000, subject to the following:
o 100% reimbursement for direct Covid-19 related expenses (PPE, workspace and/or equipment modifications, etc.)
o 50% reimbursement for operating costs (not including payroll). Grant funding will be capped at $5,000 for these types of costs.
LIST OF INELIGIBLE ACTIVITIES
• Any direct expenses that are not directly related to the prevention of, preparation for, or response to the Coronavirus;
• Supplanting or substituting expenses currently paid for by other sources;
• Purchase of equipment, specifically for construction, unless it is specifically related in response to COVID-19.
Applicants will be required to provide documentation detailing the expenses for which the applicant is seeking reimbursement. Applicants will be required to enter into a CDBG-CV Grant Agreement with the Village to comply with HUD CDBG program regulations. A sample of the CDBG-CV Grant Agreement can be viewed at the link below.
Applications are to be submitted on-line using the on-line form at the link below. Applications will be processed, and grant awards will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis until the $90,000 in HUD CDBG-CV funds that have been allocated to this program are exhausted.
The following documents will be needed to be uploaded in the online application to complete and submit:
Online Application Form:
• The online application can not be saved to continue at another time. Once you start you must finish.
• We strongly recommend you download a copy of the PDF application and have the requested attachments, completed and ready to attach before you begin the online application.
• Fill out the form completely. If you are missing the required information the application will be unable to submit/send. “*” is an indication of required fields within the application.
Online applications are available through an easy-to-use secure platform! The application period is now closed.
For assistance please call 847-701-4705 or email our Community Support Specialist, Schoen Aldrich at [email protected]