- Helping others in your community
- Estate tax savings
- Income tax savings
- Capital gains savings
The Center of Concern invites you to become a member of our Legacy Society. The Society exists to acknowledge those loyal members who had the foresight and dedication to include the Center of Concern in their estate plans. Enrolling in this society is simply a matter of advising the Center of Concern that you have included us in your will, no matter the size of your bequest.
Sample Bequest Language for a Will or Trust:
I give, devise, bequeath to the Center of Concern, located at 1665 Elk Boulevard, Des Plaines, IL 60016, the sum of $_______ (or asset) to be used for its general support (or for the support of a specific fund).
The Center of Concern is also pleased to offer you a free Will Planning Guide and Estate Planning Worksheet. This guide and worksheet will help you begin the planned giving process. To download the guides complete this form.
Our hope is to serve you and your family with helpful information about planned gifts. We have an increasing number of friends and supporters who now are benefiting from life income gifts, gift annuities, and other plans. If you are planning to make a year-end gift and itemize your tax deductions, learn more about year-end giving.
Thank you for taking the time to explore the benefits of gift planning. If you have any questions please contact Greg at 224-585-4378 or [email protected]
Charitable Remainder Unitrust (CRUT)
Two Types of Charitable Trusts
Benefits of Gifting Appreciated Assets
Are your appreciated assets (such as stock, bonds or real estate) producing little or no income?
If you sell your appreciated assets, you will pay a large capital gains tax. A sale and charitable remainder unitrust may be the solution.
How a Sale and Unitrust Works.
- You give a portion of your asset.
- The asset is sold, you receive cash and the rest goes to fund your charitable trust.
- The trust will provide you with income for the rest of your life.
- You receive a charitable deduction this year to offset your tax on the sale.
Benefits of a Sale and Unitrust
- You get the cash you need to purchase another residence, travel or meet your daily needs.
- The Unitrust provides you with income for the rest of your life and future retirement.
- The Unitrust deduction gives you valuable tax savings that may reduce your tax bill this year.
- When you pass away, the remaining value in the Unitrust will help us further our work.
Deferred Gift Annuity (DGA)
If you are 60 or older, a Deferred Gift Annuity (DGA) can provide you with income and/or capital gains tax advantages and high, fixed income when you reach 65. The same investment will benefit the charities in which you most believe. The Deferred Gift Annuity (DGA) If you are younger than 65 this annuity can be used as a retirement planning vehicle to supplement existing retirement assets. It is most beneficial to donors who have already made the maximum contributions to their existing retirement plans.
You will be paid a fixed amount of income on a regular basis, beginning at age 65. Part of the gift qualifies for an immediate income tax deduction. That will reduce your current taxes. And the full value of the gift is removed from your estate. The younger you are, the larger the tax-deductible portion of the gift. What’s more, part of the annuity payment may be received as tax-free income.
Many donors create Deferred Gift Annuities on an annual basis to build retirement assets. The donor may name a joint and successor beneficiary who will receive the annuity at the end of the donor’s lifetime, beginning on the date of the donor’s 65th birthday or thereafter.
For less than the cost of a daily cup of coffee, you can set up automatically recurring monthly donations to benefit the Center of Concern.
- $50 allows the Center of Concern to provide 2 volunteer friendly visits to isolated older adults
- $100 provides housing counseling with connections to resources for 1 local family, enabling them to remain safely housed
- $150 gives 10 older adults in-home chore assistance helping them to remain aging in place
- $200 serves 50 lunches to local older adults seeking access to nutritious food and companionship
"Heart of Caring" Fund
Donor Designated Endowed Restricted Fund
Honor Wall Societies
Dee Heinrich Society
Mary and Jim Schurder Society
1978 Founders Society
Always There Society
Secure the Future Society
Commitments of support with wills, estates, or any future gift to the Center of Concern.
Set Up Monthly Donations