Click the button to fill out the secure Volunteer Interest form. You will be contacted by one of our staff for an interview.
Here are some reasons to volunteer:
- It’s good for you – Volunteering provides physical and mental rewards.
- It saves resources – Volunteering provides valuable community services so more money can be spent on local services.
- Volunteers gain professional experience – You can test out a career.
- It brings people together – As a volunteer, you assist in: Uniting people from diverse backgrounds to work toward a common goal and building camaraderie and teamwork.
- It promotes personal growth and self-esteem – Understanding community needs helps foster empathy and self-efficacy.
- Volunteering strengthens your community – As a volunteer, you help: Support families, Improves lives, Support youth.
- You learn a lot – Volunteers learn things like hidden talents that may change your view on your self-worth, learn about the functions and operation of our government, the Center of Concern, and the community.
- You get a chance to give back – Supporting your community ensures resources are being used to benefit the people you care about.
- Civic responsibility – Community service and volunteerism are an investment in our community and the people who live in it.
You make a difference!
There are many many ways you can assist the work of the Center:
- Reception/Data entry
- Telephone Reassurance Calls to homebound seniors
- Friendly Visiting to home-bound seniors to provide conversation, companionship and light household tasks
- Holiday Gift and Grocery Deliveries
- Serve meals to seniors through our Lunch with Us Program.
- Handyman services or moving furniture/household items
- Computers/internet (IT – Information Technology Managers)
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain computer hardware, software, and network
Community Service Volunteers
- HEALTH AND MEDICAL : (Psychologists & Social Workers)
- INCOME TAX: (CPA Certified Public Accountants, Bankers)
- Prepare simple federal and state income tax returns, especially for the tax season (February 1 through April 15)
- LEGAL: (Attorneys)
- Prepare simple wills, durable powers of attorney for health care and property
- MEDICARE COUNSELING:
- Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP)
Here are links to some information we have prepared to orient you regarding the process.